Friday, October 31, 2014

October Recap

I managed to get back into the swing of blogging a bit in October after my weird reading slump. Unfortunately, I spent the entire month unemployed and have been trying not to get depressed about that. I somehow feel more busy than I did when I was working. Lack of routine I guess. I better get a job next month though. Or else.

Books Reviewed in October:

The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place - 3.5 hearts
Gideon Smith and the Brass Dragon - 4 hearts
Centaur Rising - 3.5 hearts
Blue Mountain - 3 hearts
Who R U Really? - 3 hearts

Average Rating = 3.4 hearts - pretty ho-hum this month.

Incoming Books:

I almost had nothing to put here, until I got double book mail on Wednesday. Plus two books from Netgalley. Now so much to share! All are for review. Thanks to Merit Press and Macmillan!

How We Fall by Kate Brauning
Alex as Well by Alyssa Brugman

Stone in the Sky by Cecil Castellucci
Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier


Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen
Skandal by Lindsay Smith
Fight for Power by Eric Walters
The Whisper by Aaron Starmer
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger



Giant TBR Challenge:

Previous TBR Total: 171
Incoming Books: 8
TBR Books Read: 3
Current TBR Total: 176

I was doing really well until my super bookmail day!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you have had such a hard month. I hope November is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best in your job hunt!
    Happy November reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your month! I hope things pick up for you. Amazing bookish month! I just saw The Whisper on another blog ... I love that cover! I'll have to check out a few of these. :)

    ReplyDelete