Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week for WoW, I chose The Program by Suzanne Young. This one sounds like a creepy-awesome dystopian (I am still on the dystopian train for sure). This one comes out in April, so still a few months to wait. :(

With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in.

And The Program is coming for them.

What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

  1. Definitely can't wait for this one either. I am a dystopian lover too!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have this one on my to-read list and I'd love to get my hands on it. It sounds pretty amazing. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds really interesting. I'm still on the dystopian train too :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping me add to my TBR list!!! Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this now and absolutely loving it. You're going to so enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete