Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge Kick-off

I'm super excited to kick-off the 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge with everyone's favourite bloodsuckers: Vampires! (If you have no idea what this reading challenge is, please go here to sign up!)

I know a lot of people (probably less bookish than you or I) are divided on the concept of vampires thanks to Twilight. However, there is so much more to vampires than Edward and Bella. Here are some of my favourites:

Tom Cruise as Lestat and Kristen Dunst as Claudia in Interview With the Vampire - I'll admit I haven't read the book (yet), but I loved them in the movie.



I have a list of vampire books I'd like to read this month, let's see how far I get!

The Life and Death of Lily Drake - T. Michelle Nelson
The Vampire's Daughter - Shayne Leighton
Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice
Fat Vampire - Adam Rex
Team Human - Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan

But on to the important stuff: prizes! So awesome authors have agreed to donate some awesome books as prizes. Here's what we've got:

Paperback of The Life and Death of Lily Drake by T. Michelle Nelson (sorry, only open to Canada and the US due to shipping)
eBook of Blood of Anteros by  Georgia Cates

Awesome right? But you can't win if you don't link your reviews. Remember, you can link any review featuring a paranormal creature, but this month you get double entries if the book is about vampires!


9 comments:

  1. Fat Vampire was really good!!! I hope you like it. :) I haven't seen Interview with the Vampire in FOREVER! I remember really loving it. I'll have to watch it again soon.

    Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Vampire are my favorite, and I have a few books starring them lined up for this month (and probably every month, actually). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of reading Bloodlines by Richelle Mead but I forgot about Fat Vampire and how much Kristilyn laughed at it maybe I'll shoot for both........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally finished Fat Vampire....really didn't like it. :(

      Delete
  4. DUDE! Interview with the Vampire is so freaking good! I loved that whole series so much. Anyway, this post just makes me want to say "Claudia, you've been a very.... very.... naughty little girl."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, a goal of 5 vamp books? I feel like such an underachiever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind that post. I just didn't read well enough. :) Shame on me for skimming!

      Delete
  7. Totally forgot to link these up as I read them, so have to link three in a row. I managed two vampires and one ghosts this month. Loving this challenge so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete