Wednesday, August 28, 2013

You Had Me From Hello (1): Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

You Had Me From Hello is a new feature on Megan Likes Books where I showcase some of my favourite first lines of books. The first line is so important, as it sets the mood for the rest of the book.

In light of attending the Kelley Armstrong signing last night (it was awesome, more on that on Friday's post), I've chosen Bitten for the first You Had Me From Hello pick.


"I have to."




Wow, there's something so direct and urgent about this line, I really want to keep reading to she what it is the character has to do. I haven't read this one yet, so I'm not sure what this need is, but I want to know.


Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Elena Michaels seems like the typically strong and sexy modern woman, She lives with her architect boyfriend, writes for a popular newspaper, and works out at the gym. She's also a werewolf.

Elena has done all she can to assimilate to the human world, but the man whose bite changed her existence forever, and his legacy, continue to haunt her. Thrown into a desperate war for survival that tests her allegiance to a secret clan of werewolves, Elena must recon with who, and what, she is in this passionate, page-turning novel.

3 comments:

  1. I've been reading this one, but won't finish in time for the signing. It's so good! I think you should start reading it right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first line of a book is powerful, and yes this one makes me very curious, cool feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this series!! Book two is even better than the first hehe.

    ReplyDelete