Monday, October 28, 2013

Maggie Stiefvater Signing Recap


Last Thursday I was lucky enough to get to attend a Maggie Stiefvater signing with the lovely Ambur from Burning Impossibly Bright. We got there ridiculously early, but it was really nice to get the chance to chat and catch-up (and teach the lady beside me about the word "butthurt" and how it relates to Ronald Weasley).

Ambur (right) and I
Finally Maggie arrived. She is hilarious! She told lots of funny stories about getting good news in awkward circumstances, meeting her literary idol and car-attacking silky fainting goats. I was seriously grinning the whole time. She even had an audience participation reading of one of the scenes from The Dream Thieves and lucky miss Ambur got to participate onstage.

Audience participation reading. Ambur is on the far left and Maggie is 2nd from the right

Then it was book signing time. I had 9 books (3 for fellow book bloggers Aylee, Cass and Tammy and 6 for me) and then let me get them all signed at once (Ambur and I were both totally prepared to line up again if there was a limit). Maggie personalized all of them and even drew a horse doodle in my copy of The Scorpio Races. So cool! Plus since I was up there for so long, I got to talk to her a bit and I was so awkward and fangirly and we somehow got onto the topic of packhorses and she accused me of lying about the name of my uncle's packhorse. Seriously. It was awesome.



Look, I am making her laugh with my fangirl flailing!



5 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and you're so lucky! I wish we had bookish events around here but no one ever comes to our forgotten place in the world haha. I really enjoyed her Shiver series I have yet to read the Scorpion races though but I do have it. so I'll be reading it eventually :) Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I wish I could've gone with you guys ... I haven't read ANY of Maggie's books, but I really should one of these days!

    Yay for fangirling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is awesome Megan, Maggie sounds like a really awesome chick! I'm glad you got to meet her and to get your books signed too. That is amazing.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Megan! :D Great recap post!!!! I'm so glad that we got to go to the signing together and I loved catching up with you! And I was pretty excited to meet her, too...I got my nerves out of the way during the scene reading though I think! haha :D I'm finally working on my recap post now, too, so I'll link to yours. :D

    Also, I love your pictures with, Maggie! :D I just love candid shots like that...I've got a couple where we're both looking at each other with semi-serious looks on our faces, and it makes you wonder exactly what you were saying at that moment. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the picture of you fangirling and her where she is laughing riotously!! Heh, I am always SO awkward in front of the authors I worship. I am just a rambling mess! Thanks for sharing, Megan, and thanks HEAPS for getting my book signed for me!!

    ReplyDelete