Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Challenges Galore

I've decided one challenge just isn't nearly enough, so I'm joining three more for the year (plus the buttons make my sidebar look very pretty).

1. Completely Contemp Challenge
This challenge from Chick Loves Lit is to make me get out and read something new! I tend toward the classics a bit, so I really sure read more modern books. To be on the safe side, I'm setting my number at 3, which means I need to read 3 books from 2010, 3 from 2011 and 3 from 2012. Should be definitely do-able! Too bad the book I'm reading now is 2009 and just missed the cut-off...

2. New Authors.

This challenge comes from Literary Escapism and it involves reading new authors I've never tried before. I'm hoping it will be easy enough, but to be on the safe side, I'm going to go with a goal of 15. Wish me luck!!








3. A-Z Book Challenge

This one from Babies, Books and Signs just looks so fun I can't not do it. Even if I don't make it, I think I can at least attempt it and hopefully do some serious cross-over with my other challenges!

I'm going to do it the lazy way and fly by the seat of my pants! No planning ahead for me (but my book choices will likely be influenced some)! Plus I'm going to backtrack a little and include a book I read in January before I started blogging. Hooray! C is already completed thanks to City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. Only 25 more to go...


Wish me luck with my newest challenges!!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, those sound like fun! I can't do challenges like these because they'd make me go out looking for more books, which unfortunately goes against my goal of actually reading the books I have. :P So many pretty new things and so much temptation!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm also doing the "To Be Read" challenge, to justify my book buying addiction. The worst is that amazon has been giving away free books on kindle, so now I have about 10 on there to read (plus the 20 or so my boyfriend bought)!

      Also, I think I will be a big fan of the library for this one!

      Delete
  2. I see you're reading Thirst. You'll have to let me know how it is! I found it free for my Nook a little while ago and downloaded it, but I haven't heard much about it.

    ReplyDelete