Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cover Compare: The Beautiful and the Cursed

This week I'm featuring a book I've neither read nor own, but still an interesting cover compare none-the-less. As far as I can tell from the synopsis, The Beautiful and the Cursed is about gargoyles and a missing sibling in Paris. But today we're just talking about pretty covers.

Honestly, these two covers look like they should belong to completely different books. The Delacorte one looks like swoonworthly historical fiction romance. The Hot Key cover looks like it's a urban fantasy about some badass gargoyle hunter. I think I prefer the Delacorte one because of the pretty colours (yep, I'm that shallow), but these covers are just so different, it's like comparing apples and oranges. What do you think?

Hot Key Books
Delacorte Books for Young Readers

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Megan. I prefer the Delacorte cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much prefer the Delacorte one! It's so pretty while the other one is definitely darker.

    Laureen @ Ms. Bibliophile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read the hot keys cover, but wear the delacorte....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first cover! The second one just looks amateurish ...

    ReplyDelete