Sunday, October 7, 2012

Megan Likes (New) Books (2) / Reading Through My Bookshelf (1)

Megan Likes (New) Books is a personalize weekly meme inspired by In My Mailbox, Stacking the Shelves and Book Haul where I show off the new books and bookish items I've received lately.

I skipped a couple weeks, but I've also instituted a (conditional) book buying ban (see below), so I haven't had much to share. But this week I received a few things, plus it was my birthday on Thursday. So here's what I got in the past 2 weeks.

Books:
The Diviners (ARC) - Libba Bray - A big thanks to Jenni @ Alluring Reads for giving me this one!
Adaptation - Malinda Lo - This one is from Jenni as well.
Lullabies for Little Criminals - Heather O'Neill - A big thanks to Kristilyn @ Reading in Winter for giving me this one!
A Song of Fire and Ice box set (Includes: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows) - George R.R. Martin - A big thanks to my wonderful boyfriend for giving me this one for my birthday and sharing my Game of Thrones obsession!


Swag:Origin bookmark, signature sticker and fridge magnet - Thanks to author Jessica Khoury for sending me this!
The Dark Unwinding bookmark - Thanks to author Sharon Cameron and blogger Lauren @ The House Work Can Wait!





*   *   *



I'm not sure what I was thinking, but somehow I let my boyfriend talk me into a book buy ban (I think it has something to do with my overflowing bookshelves). Basically, I'm not allowed to buy any more books until I've read all the ones I currently have. It sounds reasonable, but I hope you fellow book bloggers can understand how hard this is for me! I weaseled in a condition that allows me to buy books if they are a continuation of a series that I already have. But that it! Until I read all the way through my bookshelf!

Last Weeks Status: 52
Incoming Books: 7
Books Completed: 0 (was reading a library book)
Current Status: 59

Oops, starting off by moving backwards. I guess that means no more library books! But at least I didn't break the rules!

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Megan! :)

    Love the Origin swag! Good luck with your book buying ban! If I had to read everything I own but haven't read before buying anything, I would eventually start to get jittery. I own THAT many unread books.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Diviners, seen some really great reviews of it!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Late birthday!! :D

    I'm reading diviners now & I also bought the game of thrones box set. Haven't started it yet... but I plan to, I swear.

    My book ban isn't working out... I hope yours is going better than mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't count if you buy an iPad and buy new books on there... there's always room on that bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay! Just remember that some people probably have a lot more books to read on their shelves than the ones they probably have read. I have about 10 books on my shelf... and I've gone on a ban. Mainly because I'm a student without a job and I already have my parents paying for my piano lessons. Anyways, good luck with the ban!! Do what I do, avoid the stores as much as you can because there always seems to be a sale....

    ReplyDelete